These Rainbow Salad Rolls are a quick, easy, healthy lunch or snack full of satisfying crunch, vibrant colors, and yummy flavors. This Whole30 salad recipe is also Paleo, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free!
January can be a month of such conflicting messages, can’t it?
It’s a great time to start fresh and eat right! Maybe jump into the Whole30 diet program and eat just whole foods for 30 days.
But then, it’s also the pinnacle of football season. With playoff games each weekend, leading up to the Big Game the first weekend of February, you might have these Pulled Pork Nachos, Instant Pot BBQ Ribs, and chips & salsa on the menu.
A Well-Balanced Diet
Where others see conflict, I simply see balance. Everything in moderation, right?
I love eating healthy, nourishing, whole foods every day, but I also love fully enjoying the rich, hearty dishes as well. My food philosophy is simple: eat what you love because eating should be a positive, enjoyable experience! Learn to love and cook good-for-you foods, and don’t deny yourself the occasional indulgence.
Life is too short, my friends. I, for one, intend to live it loudly and eat as much amazing food as I can, whenever I can!
And that includes beautiful, fresh, healthy foods like the ones I will be featuring over the next few days.
Eat the Rainbow
You’ve all likely heard the term Eat the Rainbow. It simply means, choose fresh colorful foods to fill your plate, and you’re more likely to eat healthy.
Today I’ve got a recipe that is the epitome of the Eat the Rainbow philosophy: Rainbow Salad Rolls.
Whole30 Rainbow Salad Rolls
These Rainbow Salad Rolls are Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Whole30 compliant.
They come together fairly quickly, especially if you do meal prep one day a week and have sliced veggies ready to go.
I use a variety of veggies that create the rainbow effect – because again, food should also be beautiful and FUN to eat!
These Rainbow Salad Rolls consist of:
- red bell peppers
- yellow bell peppers
- green bell peppers
- red cabbage (which looks purple, for the full rainbow effect!)
All wrapped up with either romaine lettuce, collard greens, butter lettuce, or even red leaf lettuce.
I love these Rainbow Salad Rolls for snacks – they’re a great mid-afternoon pick-me-up when my brain starts slogging.
They’re also great for weekday lunches when I’m working and don’t have time to make a quick lunch (much healthier than fast food lunch!). And, on busy weeknights when we’re doing the work event-kid activity-sports shuffle, these are great grab-and-go dinners, too!
I like to dip these Rainbow Salad Rolls into my 10-Minute Thai Peanut Sauce. The sauce gives the rolls a sweet, tangy finish.
Whole30 Salad Recipe: Rainbow Salad Rolls
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 large carrots cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- your choice of green leaf salad wrap: romaine lettuce collard greens, red leaf lettuce, or butter lettuce
- 10-Minute Thai Peanut Sauce
- Take one lettuce/collard greens leaf and place veggie slices on top, toward one end. Gently roll from front to back as tightly as possible, but be gentle so as not to rip the leaf. End with the final wrap side facing down on the plate, to keep it intact. Stick a toothpick through the middle to hold it all together while you repeat the process with remaining salad rolls.
- Serve immediately with 10-Minute Thai Peanut Sauce. Eat up!
This dish is something I’ve made based on my favorite Vietnamese salad rolls.
If you want a similar recipe that’s a bit fancier with a sauce within the rolls and a rice paper wrap, check out the Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls from The Kitchn.
What other veggies would YOU include in your Rainbow Salad Rolls?
More Healthy Recipes:
SW BBQ Chicken Salad (easy meal prep recipe!)