This post contains affiliate links. See my policy page for more details.
This Thai Chicken Salad is a copycat recipe of the CPK Thai Crunch Salad. It's a healthy recipe perfect for meal planning, with satisfying crunch, energy-building protein, and topped with a tangy Thai Peanut Dressing. You'll love it!
When it comes to salads, I tend to go for big, beautiful, colorful, crunchy salads. Salads with lots of different veggies, nuts, herbs, spices, and a variety of protein options. Main course salads shouldn't leave you wanting more; they should be satisfying healthy meals on their own!
This recipe for Thai Chicken Salad is healthy, nutritious, and truly satisfying. It will make your tastebuds happy and help keep you nourished and energized!
Thai Chicken Salad
This healthy salad recipe makes me SO happy.
It reminds me of the Thai Chicken Crunch Salad at California Pizza Kitchen. It has lots of yummy shredded nutrient-rich veggies like green and red cabbage, as well as carrots, red peppers, and edamame.
If you like the CPK Thai Chicken Crunch Salad, you will love my Thai Chicken Salad! AND, you won't miss the extra carbs and sugar from the fried wontons and rice sticks in the original CPK salad.
Making this healthy chicken salad
For convenience, this recipe uses shredded chicken from store-bought whole rotisserie chicken. You can, of course, roast a chicken at home and use that meat for this salad. Try my Lemon Herb Roast Chicken or Air Fryer Whole Chicken.
You can also grill chicken breasts and shred the chicken for this salad.
Before serving, I drizzle a simple Thai Peanut Dressing over the salad for added tang and a touch of sweetness (included in the recipe card below).
If you would like a thicker sauce-type of dressing, try my 10-minute Thai Peanut Sauce recipe.
If you are sticking to a Whole30, Paleo, or Gluten-Free diet: skip the peanut dressing and sauce entirely. Try enjoying the salad with a drizzle of olive oil and lime juice, along with extra cilantro or parsley.
Ways to Enjoy This Thai Chicken Salad
- Since it serves a crowd, this healthy chicken salad is perfect for potlucks, parties, and picnics.
- Use any leftover veggies as a slaw and top tacos, burgers, and pulled pork sandwiches with it.
- Toss the veggies and the chicken with cold Udon noodles if you would like a little carb action for a quick, leftover lunch.
- Add a little more chicken and make a chicken sandwich out of it.
Storage and Meal Plan Tips
This Thai chicken salad is perfect for meal planning!
Simply separate equal parts of the salad ingredients among 5 mason jars or other airtight containers. Store the dressing in a separate container or jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days. When you're ready to eat, simply toss the ingredients together with the dressing.
Have you ever had the CPK Thai Chicken Crunch Salad, or any other Thai Chicken Salad before and do you like it?
More healthy recipes
- Rainbow Salad Rolls
- Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad
- Thai Vegan Red Curry Noodles
- Healthy Pressure Cooker Moroccan Chicken
Thai Chicken Crunch Salad (CPK Copycat recipe)
- 3 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts either chopped or shredded (save time by buying a cooked rotisserie chicken at the store/deli and using the chicken breasts from that)
- ½ cup red bell peppers juliened
- 3 green onion stalks finely sliced
- ¾ cup edamame
- ½ cup peanuts lightly crushed
- Optional: chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
To make the Thai Peanut Dressing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
To make the salad
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley
- Drizzle Thai Peanut Dressing