This dairy-free version of Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is just as creamy and flavorful as the original. It’s the perfect weeknight comfort food meal made in under 30 minutes in your pressure cooker!
Comfort food meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less are my busy weeknight jam. Today’s pressure cookers make family meals like this oh so easy!
And when it comes to comfort food, there’s no other warm and cozy dinner friend that I like to cuddle up with than pasta. Pasta knows. Pasta understands.
I’ve long loved creamy rich pasta dishes, and when I first found out I had a dairy sensitivity, I thought those days were long gone. But then, creativity in the kitchen plus necessity and a longing for delicious creamy pasta lead to discoveries like my Dairy-Free Fettuccine Alfredo and Dairy-Free Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs with Pasta.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
My Dairy-Free Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is packed with creaminess from dairy-free cream cheese, nuttiness from nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese, and rich Tuscan flavor from sun-dried tomatoes. The spinach helps balance out the creaminess. Plus, it adds more veggies, and we can all use more veggies in our lives, right?
This pressure cooker meal takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on your prep time prowess and how long it takes the pressure cooker to come to pressure.
Do I need to sauté the chicken first?
Yes. I mean, you don’t HAVE to. But, if you want more flavorful chicken, then take the extra couple of minutes to do this step. I almost always sauté my meat first, even for just a minute or two, in the Instant Pot. I find that doing this step adds flavor and makes the meat more tender.
Can I make this Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta with regular dairy?
Absolutely! Simply sub out regular cream cheese for dairy-free. Use parmesan cheese instead of nutritional yeast flakes. And use regular milk instead of almond milk.
Recipe for Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta (Dairy-Free)
- 2 tbsp unsalted vegan butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz pasta (I use cavatappie, gemelli, or rotini because it holds the sauce well)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz dairy-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 jar (8 oz) julienned sundried tomatoes, drained and lightly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- With your Instant Pot on Sauté function, add the butter and when it is just melted, then sauté the chicken and garlic in the pot for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly to lightly cook the sides of the chicken.
- Add pasta and chicken broth, stir so as much of the pasta is covered by the broth as possible. Cover and seal, then set Manual or Pressure Cook for 4 minutes.
- When the timer is done, allow natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release. Once the pin is down and all pressure has been released, open the lid.
- Turn your IP to Sauté, and then gently stir in the cream cheese and almond milk until the cream cheese is melted. Add nutritional yeast and stir until it is well mixed in. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, and spinach. Stir gently until spinach is softened and ingredients are nicely mixed together.
- Turn IP to Cancel, and serve pasta immediately.