Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is a quick and delicious family dinner, made easily in your pressure cooker!
Simple ingredients, fast, and delicious. Those are the three main things I look for when it comes to family-friendly recipes for busy weeknights.
If those are things you look for in dinner recipes, then you will love this Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe!
Why this easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipe is a winner
- It's made with ingredients we usually have on hand in our refrigerator and pantry.
- The recipe is SO simple and easy to follow.
- The food cooks rather quickly thanks to our handy dandy Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
- This is a chicken recipe that is truly family-friendly, with no unusual ingredients and allergy-free ingredients that most people can enjoy.
Ways to enjoy this chicken pressure cooker dish
My favorite way to enjoy this lemon garlic chicken recipe is to serve it over a bed of jasmine rice.
But this is a superhero dish that is versatile and can be served in many ways. Here are other delicious ideas for serving this Instant Pot chicken recipe:
- Serve it with pasta for a lemon garlic chicken pasta dish.
- Cut up the chicken to make chicken sandwiches.
- Shred the chicken, spice it up with some paprika and turmeric, and enjoy it with naan bread, tabouleh and tzatziki sauce for lemony chicken shawarma.
What wine pairs well with this Instant Pot chicken recipe?
The acidic citrus and the tangy ginger in this healthy chicken recipe calls for a bright white wine pairing. I've paired this with DePonte Cellars Melon de Bourgogne from Oregon.
This pressure cooker chicken recipe would also be delicious with a crisp dry Riesling or a silky Suavignon Blanc.
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Pressure Cooker Recipe
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper.
- Turn your pressure cooker on to SAUTE and add olive oil. Sauté chicken until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and add fresh lemon juice and butter to deglaze the pot. Gently scrape any chicken bits off the bottom of the inside of the pot.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, and basil, and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Slowly pour in the chicken stock. Seal the top and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Allow natural release for 5 minutes before venting with quick release.