Need a hearty, flavorful breakfast to fuel your day? Making your own Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich at home is easy!Jump to Recipe
When you need a hearty breakfast, what’s your Go To quick fix that you can make at home?
I usually make morning smoothies for me and the kids on most weekdays. But when I need/want a BIG start to the day, I love huevos rancheros. Eggs, salsa, beans, avocado, cilantro… all of those yummy flavors are even BETTER when you can eat them with two hands in a breakfast sandwich!
Whether dining out or making breakfast at home, there’s something about the full combo of protein + veggies + sauce between bread that screams the perfect breakfast to me.
While working with Franz Bakery on some recipes for their website (which is recently redesigned and looks fab – go check it out!), I created a flavorful and fully satisfying breakfast sandwich I think you’ll LOVE.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
This recipe has everything you NEED in the perfect breakfast sandwich:
- Protein from the egg and refried beans
- Good fat from greens. In this case, avocado, which is technically a fruit, but here it sort of takes place of regular breakfast sandwich add-ons like spinach or kale.
- Added flavor from a condiment. In this case: salsa.
- Carbs for get-up-and-go fuel. I use English muffins.
This is seriously a super simple breakfast recipe that you can put together in minutes. If you’re like me, you probably already have the ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry.
It’s great to make when you have guests who have stayed the night. And many kids love it as much as adults!
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 1 pre-sliced Franz Bakery Extra Crispy English Muffin
- 2 tablespoons refried beans
- 1 fried egg
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons avocado peeled, pitted, and mashed with ½ tsp lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro optional
- Spread refried beans on the inside of one half of an English muffin.
- Top with fried egg and salsa.
- Spread mashed avocado with lime juice on the inside of the other half of the English muffin. Sprinkle cilantro if desired.
- Top the refried beans, fried egg, and salsa English muffin half with the mashed avocado half.
More Breakfast Bliss
For more of the recipes I’ve developed for Franz Bakery, and to check out their awesome products, visit FranzBakery.com.