Easy, One Pot Lasagna Soup can be made in just 30 minutes. It's the perfect comfort food recipe at the end of a long day!
I love lasagna. And I love soup. So of course, lasagna soup is easily on the menu for me, come the chilly fall and winter months!
However, traditional lasagna soup can be labor-intensive. And, most lasagna soup recipes are laden with tons of cream and cheese. So I set out to create a winning dairy-free, easy lasagna soup recipe that could be made fairly quickly, using basic ingredients.
You can make this recipe in just 30 MINUTES, folks. Perfect comfort food that's easy to make at the end of a long day.
What You Need to Make This Lasagna Soup
Since I've made this recipe before on a last-minute hungry whim using ingredients I already had on hand, I know you can, too!
- high quality extra virgin olive oil
- ground turkey
- yellow onion
- beef broth
- can of tomato paste
- can of diced tomatoes
- coconut milk (sub 2% or whole milk if you want)
- lasagna noodles
- dried basil
- bay leaf
How to Make Easy, One-Pot Lasagna Soup
- To make this soup, prep a large stockpot with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Gather all of your ingredients.
- Start by browning the ground turkey, then add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and chopped spinach. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir.
- Add the lasagna noodles, dried basil, and bay leaf; stir. Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-high heat and simmer until noodles are cooked, about 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
What Wine Pairs Well with Lasagna Soup?
This hearty, rich soup calls for a smooth medium- to full-bodied red wine. I pair it with a Cabernet Franc (like this silky smooth one from Walla Walla Vintners), a Cabernet Sauvignon, or a full-bodied, bold Italian Barbera.
Easy, One-Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) coconut milk
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, broken (about 10)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- optional: garnish with chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a Iarge stockpot. Once heated, add ground turkey and brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and chopped spinach. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir. Add the lasagna noodles, dried basil, and bay leaf; stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-high heat and let simmer until noodles are cooked, about 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.