Creamy Confetti Corn is an easy and delicious side dish, full of yummy veggies and topped with crispy salty bacon.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.
Corn is my favorite vegetable. Carrots have a place in my heart too, as do cucumbers, but corn has been my lifelong #1 in the veggie category.
It's also one of the few vegetables my kids have been willing to eat since they were toddlers. So I try to come up with different corn recipes to keep things fresh and interesting.
Creamy Confetti Corn
I adore this Creamy Confetti Corn recipe, and I hope you will, too! The sweetness of the corn mixes with the crunchiness of the bell peppers and zucchini, and then the crispy salty bacon adds a whole new level of yum to this delicious side dish.
What you need to make this recipe
The main ingredients you need are probably already in your fridge, freezer, or pantry. If not, they're all basic ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
TIP: Screenshot this list for when you go grocery shopping!
- frozen or fresh yellow corn
- red bell pepper
- cream cheese
- green onions
- salt, pepper, paprika
That's it! Super simple, right?
Another reason I love this recipe is because it can be enjoyed year round if you want to stay with seasonal ingredients. During the fall/winter, I use zucchini. During the summer, you could use cucumbers. You could also sub fresh corn for the frozen corn if it's in season. It's very versatile, and you can feel free to use what you have on hand!
How to make creamy confetti corn
To make this creamy confetti corn:
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Set aside on paper towels.
- Sauté the corn, red bell pepper, zucchini, onions, and garlic.
- Add the cream cheese and stir well.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl, then top with chives/green onions and crispy bacon.
Make it dairy-free
This recipe calls for cream cheese. If you're dairy-free like me, you can opt to substitute your favorite dairy-free cream cheese instead.
You can use vegan cream cheese and leave out the bacon to make this a vegan side dish. Instead of the bacon rendered fat in the beginning of the recipe, simply heat up vegan butter instead. About 3 tablespoons should do it, but feel free to use more or less depending on your personal preference. Then proceed with the remaining directions.
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
This corn side dish recipe can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Place cooked confetti corn mixture into an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with the bacon and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator.
When ready to eat, heat in a 325°F degree oven for 15-20 minutes, just until heated through.
Creamy Confetti Corn Recipe
Creamy Confetti Corn
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces see notes for vegan alternative
- 2 12- oz packages frozen corn kernels about 4 - ½ cups
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 8-ounce pkg cream cheese see notes for dairy-free alternative
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3-4 green onions finely sliced
- Garnish: 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chopped bacon to desired crispness. Remove bacon and place on a paper-towel lined plate. Drain bacon grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan.
- Add the corn, onion, garlic, red pepper, zucchini to the pan and cook over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir and cook until the vegetables are tender and the corn is heated through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and almond milk. Stir together until the cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in the basil and green onions, and immediately remove from heat.
- Serve warm topped with the reserved bacon. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.