This CPK Copycat Thai Chicken Pizza recipe is your new favorite homemade pizza! It’s packed with veggies and a delicious peanut sauce, and can easily be made dairy-free or with cheese.
My family enjoys eating at California Pizza Kitchen for family meals. Their menu has something for everyone in our family: salads for me and my husband, curly mac & cheese or pizza for my kids.
Oddly enough, we don’t normally order pizza from CPK. However, when we had the opportunity to taste items from their Next Chapter menu last year, we enjoyed their Thai Chicken Pizza, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head ever since! It was SO good!
Thai Chicken Pizza CPK Copycat Recipe
So when OXO sent me their latest and greatest pizza making gadgets, I knew exactly which pizza I wanted to make: a yummy dairy-free version of Thai Chicken Pizza, inspired by the one we had at CPK!
Packed with Veggies
I love this Thai Chicken Pizza CPK Copycat recipe because it’s packed with yummy veggies.
I use the OXO Complete Grate & Slice Set to julienne the carrots and onions, which fall neatly into the attached measuring container.
Perfect Peanut Sauce for Pizza
This peanut sauce is perfect for pizza and is why I believe it’s easy to make even super cheese lovers love this dairy-free version.
Simply mix the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic in a small sauce pan.
I make peanut sauce quite a bit for Thai noodles and other Thai dishes, but for the pizza I wanted a sauce that was slightly thicker than normal. This helps the flavors of the sauce cling to the veggies and chicken, and also just adds a nice base to the pizza.
Make the Thai Chicken Pizza
Start with either an easy homemade pizza dough recipe, or your favorite store-bought pizza crust.
I only use a small amount of chicken for our Thai Chicken Pizza, but you can feel free to add more if you prefer.
And, it’s easy to make this a vegetarian pizza by simply omitting the chicken.
Once you’ve got all of the ingredients chopped, mixed, and prepped, all that’s left to do is to assemble and cook your pizza!
I’m pretty much in love with this OXO Non-Stick Pro Pizza Pan. Unlike other pizza pans we have, it has this cool micro-textured pattern that improves airflow for even baking. It’s also pretty strong; our other pizza pans have a tendency to bend and warp a little but this one seems pretty darn sturdy.
A nice, thick layer of peanut sauce is topped with the chicken, then the veggies.
Now, if you DID want to add cheese, I’d add a layer that mingles with the veggies, so that the beautiful veggies shine through.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Another thing I love is using the OXO 4″ Pizza Wheel you see in the photos above and below. It has a clear plastic wheel that won’t damage non-stick pans. Genius!
This Thai Chicken Pizza is:
- Savory and tangy, thanks to the delicious, slightly thicker peanut pizza sauce
- Packed with nutritious veggies
- Full of crunch thanks to the peanuts and the veggies
- Easy to make dairy-free, traditional with dairy, or vegetarian
CPK Copycat Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
Bonus: this is one pizza that tastes just as AMAZING – if not more! – the next day for leftovers!
Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe (Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup softened creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned or finely diced red onions
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 Tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE
- In a small or medium pot over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients listed above for the Peanut Sauce, starting with the peanut butter and ending with water.
- Whisk ingredients together slowly to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let the mixture boil for about 30 seconds, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide sauce into two equal portions – one will be used for the chicken, and the other for the pizza sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the diced chicken and stir to evenly cook. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and slowly pour half of the peanut sauce that you’ve set aside for the chicken over the chicken. Stir the chicken and the sauce to coat the chicken. Set aside on a plate.
- Place your prepared pizza dough on top of a pizza pan.
- Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil along the sides of the crust.
- Top with the remaining half of the peanut sauce that you had set aside. You can use the same pastry brush to spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the carrots, red onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, peanuts, and green onions evenly over the pizza.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 8-11 minutes, just until the edges of the crust are golden.
- Enjoy immediately and save leftovers for the next day!
* Make it gluten free by using a pre-made gluten-free pizza dough, or cauliflower pizza crust.
* This recipe is inspired by the Thai Chicken Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen
Have you ever had the Thai Chicken Pizza at CPK or at any other restaurant? What’s your favorite restaurant “copycat” recipe that you’ve made at home?
This recipe is inspired by the Thai Chicken Pizza at CPK. Thanks to OXO for sending the products shown here to motivate me to make this beloved pizza. As always, all opinions and photos are my own.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy for details.