This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is packed with sweet banana, oats, and chocolate chips. It’s the perfect after school snack, breakfast or brunch dish!
And over and over again. Like our favorite playlist on repeat.
When it comes to feeding my family, I’m like most of you: when I hit the jackpot and make recipes that every family member loves, I’m going to make those recipes regularly.
You have your tried-and-true favorites, too, right?
Well today I’m re-sharing a recipe that our family has loved and reworked and perfected and loved over and over again.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana bread is the classic Go To recipe when you’ve got ripe bananas.
In my family, we like to add chocolate chips, vanilla, and cinnamon to pump up the flavor.
This recipe makes one big loaf, or you can split it into two smaller loaves. I’ve tried to make muffins out of this recipe as well, and it works okay… but it’s really best enjoyed as a loaf.
My kids L-O-V-E this chocolate chip banana bread recipe. The way they devour this each time I make it, I’m convinced that they could eat a whole loaf almost every single day and be happy.
One of the things I love about this chocolate chip banana bread is how versatile this is: you could enjoy this dish for breakfast, at lunch, as an after-school snack, or mid-afternoon pick-me-up. You could even drizzle some melted chocolate over slices and top with a dollop of whipped cream and eat it as dessert!
When it comes to family favorite recipes, this chocolate chip banana bread recipe is definitely at the top of my family’s Go To list. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Family’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- handful of chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Beat first four ingredients (brown sugar through eggs) on medium speed in a mixer until well mixed.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mash bananas, oats, and milk together until well blended. Add to the sugar mixture.
- 4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir with a whisk.
- 5. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture in the mixer and beat on medium speed until just moist.
- 6. Add batter to 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray (or just use a DeMarle loaf pan as I do).
- 7. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the batter. (This is my son's favorite job!)
- 8. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until the middle is solid.
I originally published this recipe on Urban Bliss Life in September 2009. It has been updated with new photos but the yumminess of this chocolate chip banana bread recipe remains the same: delicious, sweet snacking goodness!