Looking for THE perfect chocolate cookie? These Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies are my family’s favorite and I hope will be yours, too! Chewy, fudgey, with a beautiful crackle top and optional sea salt. So good!
We’re huge fans of chocolate in my house, every single one of us. We also all adore cookies.
I’m always experimenting with cookie recipes and cake recipes, and my family is happy to be my taste testers – and give their opinions regarding the pros and cons of each cookie recipe. We’ve made various chocolate cookies in the past – like my Mocha Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and my rich Easy, Delicious Cake Mix Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This recipe hits the jackpot by creating cookies that are a beautiful combo of easy-to-eat-on-the-go cookies and rich, chocolatey fudgey cake.
This Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies recipe has the enthusiastic seal of approval from all members of our household! And, I hope, you will all love it just as much!
Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies
These chewy chocolate cookies are so buttery soft with a fudge-like center.
It’s best to eat these cookies the day of, or at least within three days, in order to experience that amazing soft & chewy texture. You can, however, keep these in an airtight container for up to one week. I highly doubt they will last that long, though ;)
The tops have a beautiful crinkle, crackle that make them so pretty. You can sprinkle a little flaked sea salt on the top as an option for a nice sweet/salty combo.
This recipe makes 10 huge Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies. I use my good ol’ reliable OXO large cookie scoop to achieve an event amount of dough per cookie. You can also make smaller cookies to almost double the amount, if you’d like.
We have already made these four times during the last month and a half. They’re one of our favorites now!
Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 11 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To melt the chocolate mixture, add chocolate and butter to a large, heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. The water should just touch the bottom of the bowl; you don’t want to submerge the bottom of the bowl in simmering water.
- Whisk the chocolate and butter together as it melts. Once melted, turn off the heat and place the bowl on a heatproof surface to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 5 minutes. I prefer to use a standmixer so I can set a timer and allow the mixer to keep whisking continuously while I move on to the next step.
- While the eggs and sugars are mixing, whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl, until well blended.
- Once the sugars and eggs have been mixing for exactly five minutes, pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl and mix for about a minute. Then slowly add the dry ingredients mix into the bowl and mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough (it will be wet and gooey) to form cookies onto the lined baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie, as the dough will spread.
- If desired, sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes, then remove and allow them to sit in the baking sheet for at least 15-20 minutes before eating. The center will be soft and fudgy.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM WITH #URBANBLISSLIFE AND TAG @URBANBLISSLIFE. I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAKE! AND IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND LEAVE A STAR RATING. THANK YOU, SWEET FRIENDS!