These Cheesy Spinach Mini Frittatas are quite possibly the easiest, tastiest make-ahead brunch recipe!
I’ve always loved brunch, long before brunching became an adverb.
Brunch and Mother’s Day have almost become synonymous. I like the idea of a Mother’s Day wine tasting, or a Mother’s Day hike. Sometimes those Mother’s Day brunch reservations can fill up quickly, and Mother’s Day is definitely not a day I’d want to spend waiting an hour to get seated for brunch.
No brunch is worth an hour’s wait. Even here in Portland, Brunch Town USA.
A nice leisurely brunch at home, on the other hand, sounds divine. So today, I’m sharing one of my favorite brunch items to make. If you ever come over to my house for a breakfast or brunch gathering, chances are fairly high that you’ll be served my Go To, easy make-ahead Cheesy Spinach Mini Frittatas.
Cheesy Spinach Mini Frittatas
I’ve been making different variations of these mini frittatas since I was in my early twenties. One of the very first versions I made was a ham and cheese frittata for a girls’ brunch, and it was such a hit that I kept making it.
These cheesy spinach mini frittatas are super easy to make, and can be made in 30 minutes or less. I love serving these as mini frittatas because they’re easy for portion control at parties, plus they are easier to freeze and reheat single portions. However, you could also make one big 9″ frittata with this recipe if you wish.
Frittata Mix-In Ideas
I also love these mini frittatas because they are so easy to customize with different ingredients. Here are some of my favorite mix-ins that I like to use:
- diced ham
- sliced mushrooms
- chopped asparagus
- sausage crumbles
- bacon bites
I’ve served these at girls’ brunches, baby showers, wedding showers, birthdays, and more. They’re such fun, delicious little golden nuggets of brunch goodness – and everyone loves them!
Whether you’re a mom yourself or you are celebrating your mom this weekend, I hope you all have a lovely Mother’s Day!
Cheesy Spinach Mini Frittatas Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté for about 2 minutes, until onions are slightly softened and start becoming translucent in color.
- Add spinach and sauté for one minute. Remove onions and spinach from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, cheese, chives, and thyme. Add in the onions and spinach and whisk until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour or spoon the egg mixture into each mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, just until the center of the frittatas are set and no longer jiggly.
What would be your favorite mix-in ingredient for these Cheesy Spinach Mini Frittatas?