This Avocado Green Smoothie is a healthy and delicious way to start the day! It also makes a yummy, nutritious afternoon snack.
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast, green smoothies are a great way to go. I share them quite a bit in my Instagram stories!
I love making healthy green smoothies a lot. They are one of the few ways my kids will actually eat leafy greens.
What makes this avocado green smoothie a little different is the texture: it’s SUPER smooth, and a little sweeter than my other green smoothies.
Making Avocado Green Smoothies
You most likely already have the ingredients for this avocado green smoothie on hand:
- green apple
- spinach or other leafy greens
This recipe makes a silky smooth, sweet smoothie. To me, it almost tastes like a dessert!
If you prefer less sweet smoothies, you could always leave out the banana or apple. You could even alter the sweetness of it by choosing a more bitter leafy green, such as kale or arugula.
I make this as a dairy-free, vegan smoothie because I always use almond milk and dairy-free yogurt. However, you can always use regular milk and your favorite plain or vanilla yogurt, and it will be just as wonderful.
Like most smoothie recipes, this avocado green smoothie comes together pretty quickly. After peeling and roughly chopping/slicing the ingredients, blend them up, pour, and enjoy!
How long will this smoothie stay fresh?
This recipe makes 2-3 green smoothies, depending on your serving size. Because of the avocado, I suggest that you enjoy these yummy smoothies right away.
You can, however, keep remaining smoothie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. Just be aware that the top of the smoothie will likely darken because of oxidation of the avocado. This can change the taste and I recommend skimming off any darker parts of the smoothie and then only enjoying the remaining vibrant green smoothie. Discard any uneaten, refrigerated smoothie that is older than one day.
Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe
Avocado Green Smoothie
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted, sliced into large chunks
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced into large chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into large chunks
- 1 small to medium green apple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 large handful of greens (I prefer spinach, but you can use kale)
- 1 1/2″ slice of ginger (peeled)
- 1 6 oz container your favorite vanilla yogurt (I use dairy-free SoDelicious yogurt)
- 1/4 cup milk + more if needed (I use dairy-free Silk almond milk)
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if you want a different consistency.
More Healthy Breakfast Options
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? This Vitamin C Smoothie is a sweet, healthy way to take in a bunch of vitamins and minerals to help fend off colds.
This Mango Strawberry Carrot Smoothie recipe makes a stunning, vibrant smoothie that is just as fun to drink as it is to look at!
These Watermelon Strawberry Smoothies are one of my family’s favorite ways to enjoy summer’s sweet strawberries and melons.