Some of my favorite memories growing up are from vacations my family would take throughout the West Coast. My parents loved to take us on long road trips all over Oregon, Washington, California, and the southwestern corner of Canada. Because my extended family is rather large, when we would have family reunions, we would often stay at vacation rentals, and over the years, I have learned from experience how fabulous vacation rentals are for family travel in the U.S.
July happens to be Vacation Rental Month, so in honor of #VRMonth, I'm teaming up with Wyndham Vacation Rentals and sharing my personal top reasons for checking out vacation rentals for your next family trip.
Top 5 Reasons to Stay in a Vacation Rental
1. A fully stocked kitchen. I love room service as much, if not more, than the next traveler, but there are several occasions in which a kitchen makes so much more sense. It's a much more wallet-friendly way of traveling, allowing you and your family to spend more money on seeing the sights versus constantly eating out at expensive restaurants. It's also great for those large family reunions, girls' weekend trips, and traveling with other friends and their families; you can shop local farmers markets and cook big meals using fresh local ingredients. You can celebrate your special occasions while still enjoying the comforts of home with a full kitchen (and anyone who has run out of kid snacks mid-day during adult nap time knows how valuable a full-size refrigerator can be on vacation!).
2. Laundry. Vacation rentals make so much sense when you're traveling with the whole family for a week or longer. We all know those stinky piles of dirty clothes add up, and it's no fun traveling back with bags of stinky clothes. In-house laundry units in vacation rentals make it so that you don't have to pack very many clothes since you can wash & re-wear them again. I actually have a super easy tip for packing for vacation rental stays. Check it out:
3. Space. People take up a lot of space. People's stuff takes up a lot of space. And the space we need from each other and our stuff needs extra space and breathing room. For longer trips with the whole family, vacation rentals are a great way to ensure each family member has ample space. And, I love vacation rentals for family reunions because they can often house two or more families in one house, maximizing the family vacation time and making day planning so much easier! Check out this gorgeous Wyndham Vacation Rentals property in South Carolina:
Hmmm... I think that *might* be enough space for me and my family. . . ;)
4. Peace and privacy. With other forms of vacation lodging, you may be lucky and have reservations right next to the nicest, quietest other travelers. Or, you may be forced to stay right next to the loudest, rudest, most obnoxious travelers you've ever met. And the walls may be very, very thin. And you might have a teething baby who is up crying all night. With vacation home rentals, you don't have to stress about noise and walk on eggshells, or have to deal with an immediate neighbor's 2am coughing fit.
5. Comforts of home. Sometimes, after hours and hours of travel, there's nothing more comforting than plopping onto a big family couch, taking a soothing bath, or hopping into a private pool or hot tub to wash the cares of the travel day away. With a vacation home rental, you aren't just staying somewhere: you ARE home. And, with a Wyndham Vacation Rentals, you can get the added bonus of hotel-like amenities at many of its properties, such as shuttle service, a concierge desk, and housekeeping. It’s like a blissful colliding of both worlds to make your vacation comfortable, fun, and memorable.
I definitely suggest that while you are travel planning, check out Wyndham Vacation Rentals. They have a large variety of homes in many popular destinations such as Myrtle Beach and Tennessee’s Smoky Mountains. . .
. . . the Charleston Islands, the Emerald Coast and Hilton Head Island.
For fellow West Coasters wanting to stay a little closer to home, they have property in Steamboat Springs, Colorado that is beautiful, comfortable, and awaiting your next family vacation!
Save during Vacation Rental Month
Even better for you (and your wallet!), Wyndham Vacation Rentals is celebrating Vacation Rental Month by offering savings of up to 35 percent off at WyndhamVacationRentals.com. That can add up!
With Wyndham Vacation Rentals, you can book a great place to stay with peace of mind: your vacation is backed by the Vacation Rental Bill of Rights, an industry-first service pledge that says you’re stay will be covered from start to finish. How cool is that?
Be sure to visit Wyndham Vacation Rentals to learn more about National Vacation Rental Month, and feel free to share your own vacation rental travel tip below!