1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground Italian sausage, minced garlic clove, and chopped parsley and tarragon until the garlic and herbs are well blended and distributed throughout.
2. Form four rectangular patties to fit the size of the bread slices.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Working in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, cook sausage patties until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set cooked patties aside on a plate. If you wish, you may drain any excess oil (all but one tablespoon, which you’ll need for the eggs) from the pan before cooking the eggs.
5. Using the same pan, cook eggs to your liking; fried, over easy/medium/hard, and scrambled all work for this sandwich.
6. Once the eggs are cooked, set them aside, along with the patties.
7. In the same pan, add spinach and stir, cooking until the spinach has wilted slightly and turned a darker green color. Remove from heat.
Now it’s time to build your sandwich!
1. Either in a microwave on a microwave safe plate, or in the same pan that you used for cooking the other ingredients, heat two overlapping slices of cheese on top of a slice of bread just until the cheese has melted. Continue until you have four slices of bread topped with melted cheese.
2. Top each slice with one Italian sausage patty.
3. Top each with one egg.
4. Add a handful of cooked spinach to the top of each.
5. Top each sandwich with another slice of bread.
Find the original recipe and more recipes, food, wine and travel tips at UrbanBlissLife.com