Cauliflower Fritters with Avocado Aioli
Cauliflower Fritters are crispy delicious breakfast bites or make a perfect snack, especially when dipped into dairy-free avocado aioli
Cauliflower Fritter Ingredients
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower about 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Avocado Aioli Ingredients
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free sour cream or you can use regular sour cream if you prefer 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil)
Make the Cauliflower Fritters
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add cauliflower. Allow cauliflower to cook for about 5-6 minutes, drain, then dry with paper towels.
Chop cauliflower into little pieces (consider how chunky you want your fritters to be...or to not be), then add to a large bowl.
Add flour, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley and egg to the bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon. Using your hands, form patties that are about 4-5 inches in diameter.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Working in small batches, add fritters to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. The sides should be golden brown. Add more olive oil to the pan in between each batch.