Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the perfect breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snack.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- handful of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat first four ingredients (brown sugar through eggs) on medium speed in a mixer until well mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, mash bananas, oats, and milk together until well blended. Add to the sugar mixture.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir with a whisk.
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture in the mixer and beat on medium speed until just moist.
6. Add batter to 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray (or just use a DeMarle loaf pan as I do).
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the batter. (This is my son's favorite job!)
8. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until the middle is solid.