Pancake Cake Stacks with Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
These pancakes are elevated to special breakfast/dessert status when layered with fluffy chocolate frosting!
For the pancakes
- Krusteaz Buttermilk pancake mix
- Krusteaz Blueberry pancake mix
For the Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I use a dairy-free brand to make this dairy-free
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Coconut cream skimmed from one refrigerated 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk you should get about 8 ounces of cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the fluffy chocolate frosting
Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips in a large heatproof bowl. Set aside.
Take the coconut cream out of the can of coconut milk, and drain the rest (save it in an airtight container for later, to make any of these recipes!) .
Add coconut cream to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
As soon as the cream comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour slowly over the chocolate chips.
Whisk together until smooth.
Refrigerate for one hour.
Remove from refrigerator and whip at low-medium speed with a hand mixer until the color turns to a slightly lighter brown and the frosting is fluffy.
Assemble the pancake cakes
Place one buttermilk pancake on a plate.
Using a small spatula, spread just enough of the chocolate frosting to cover the pancake.
Add one blueberry pancake on top and spread just enough of the chocolate frosting to cover the pancake.
Repeat layers until you have your desired stack of pancakes, which is usually 5-8 pancakes.