Mocha Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approximately 20 cookies
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee I use Starbucks VIA
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt).
In a stand mixer or hand electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until well blended. Add the egg, 2 teaspoons of water, vanilla, and instant coffee granules.
Once the wet ingredients are well blended, add in the flour mixture. Beat for just a minute, until dry ingredients are just incorporated, and then add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips.
Using about one tablespoon of dough per cookie, drop dough onto two baking sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpats.
Bake at 325 degrees for 9-11 minutes (mine were done right at 10 minutes).
Cool on a cooling rack.