Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe
This chili with three beans, ground turkey, ground beef, and bacon is hearty and satisfying - the ultimate comfort food!
Servings: 10 people
- 8 slices bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, de-stemmed and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes (do NOT drain first)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef stock (should equal a little more than 2 cups)
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- 2 tbsp ground chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprike
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Add-ons and garnishes
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- jalapeño (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (I use Daiya non-dairy shreds)
Press the Saute mode on your instant pot, then add the bacon. Sauté until the bacon is crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate or bowl lined with paper towels. Drain some of the grease, leaving about a tablespoon of grease in the pot.
Add the red pepper, onion, and garlic and sauté until the peppers are slightly soft.
Add the ground turkey and ground beef and cook until the meat is browned, breaking up the meat and mixing with the veggies throughout.
Add remaining ingredients and half of the cooked bacon. Seal the lid.
Press the Chili setting (or Manual) on your instant pot and cook for 20 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then quick release.
Optional: top individual servings with bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and/or sliced jalapeños.
TO MAKE THIS CHILI IN A SLOW COOKER:
TO MAKE THIS CHILI ON THE STOVE:
- Cook the bacon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Sauté the red pepper, onion, and garlic in a large skillet. Add the meat and cook until browned.
- Add all ingredients (except for half the bacon) into the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Instead of full dairy sour cream and cheddar cheese, I use Tofutti Sour Cream Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds.
- Follow the instructions as you would for the instant pot, but after combining all ingredients, bring the chili to a low boil and then turn down to a low simmer for 3-4 hours.