Wine + music + picnics = GENIUS. If you are in the Portland, Oregon area and are looking for a fun, laid back, outdoor family event on a Friday night, I highly suggest the Cooper Mountain Vineyard Neighbor Nights.
I am so very fortunate to live less than 3 miles away from Cooper Mountain Vineyards. Every Friday night from 5-8pm during the summer (this year, from June 15 through September 7), you are invited to bring your family and friends (and even well-behaved dogs on leashes! Yes!) to enjoy live music on Cooper Mountain Vineyard’s beautiful lawn. We love how family-friendly this event is.
Our kids really enjoy picnics, and this was a fun way for us parents to celebrate Friday night with our kids.
Cooper Mountain Vineyards has their tasting room open later than normal hours for Neighbors Nights, and I would be surprised if you would not find a bottle of wine you wouldn’t want to immediately buy and bring over to enjoy for the evening. On this particular evening, we fell in love with Cooper Mountain’s Harmony Blend: equal parts of Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Tocai Friulano, and Pinot Blanc. Trust me: it works. And at just $14 a bottle, it’s a steal!
Tips for attending Neighbor Nights at Cooper Mountain Vineyards:
* Arrive early. It starts at 5pm, but on gorgeous Portland summer nights, it can get packed fast.
* Bring a blanket. There are a few picnic tables, but especially if you have kids, I think it’s so much fun to grab some lawn, spread out a blanket, and make it easier for your kids to get their kid wiggles & energy out on the blanket.
* Pack a picnic, and don’t forget the ice packs on especially hot summer nights.
* Bring water. Especially on hot days, and especially if you’re partaking in their delicious wines, you’ll want to make sure you are fully hydrated throughout the evening.
* Enjoy some tastings in the tasting room first. It’s a great way to learn more about the vineyard if it’s your first time there, to learn more about their wines, and to potentially discover a new favorite, like we did!
These events are a wonderful way to let go of the stress of the week and welcome in the weekend. Everyone is super friendly here, and the smiles are contagious. As you can see from the photos, our family had a great time!
Hope to see you at a Cooper Mountain Vineyards Neighbors Night soon!