Tomato Cream Cheese Flatbread Pizza is a fast, easy, tasty snack!
“Mom, is that a pizza?”
“It’s a flatbread! You can eat it as a snack, or like a pizza!”
“It looks like yummy pizza! Or pizza bread. Flatbread pizza? What are you going to call it?”
These are the conversations that happen in my house when my kids are home for the summer and around to watch me edit photos all day. At ages 10 and 13, they have strong opinions. And questions. So many questions. I love it. Wouldn’t have it any other way!
Today’s Foodie Friday recipe is a creation I devised out of sheer hunger one day a couple of years ago. It’s become one of my Go To quick snacks, and I even enjoy it as one of my #FastLunch creations during busy work days!
Tomato Cream Cheese Flatbread Pizza
The ingredient list for this snack/appetizer/flatbread pizza is short and sweet:
- herbed cream cheese
- Roma tomatoes
- a little olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper
I love this fast, easy, family-friendly snack recipe because it’s easy to customize and make your own – like most of my recipes!
- I substitute dairy-free cream cheese (Kite Hill is my favorite dairy-free herbed “cheese” for this) for regular cream cheese
- I use Roma tomatoes, but you can use any ol’ tomatoes that you have on hand or from your garden
- Substitute gluten-free flatbread for regular flatbread
- Add bacon (because everything is better with bacon!)
- Sprinkle some fresh arugula leaves
- Add sautéed zucchini (great way to use up the abundance of zucchini growing this season!)
I made a quick video with my handy dandy iPhone 7 to show you just how easy it is:
Super easy, right? And SO full of yummy summer tomato flavors, punched up a notch with the roasted garlic and then softened with the herb cream cheese.
I love this and make this so often, especially while I’m working from home. I hope it becomes a family snack favorite in your house, too!
Tomato Cream Cheese Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes sliced in half (de-seeded if you prefer, or just leave seeds in)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- herb cream cheese
- One flatbread of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour tomato mixture onto a baking sheet so tomatoes lay out in a single layer, with a little space between each tomato.
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, just until the tomatoes have a nice deeper color and are softened.
- In the meantime, spread cream cheese over the flatbread.
- Remove tomatoes from oven when done, and spread over the cream cheese.
- Slice into triangles, like a pizza.