Spring vegetables like radishes, peas, and cucumbers take on a beautiful new life in Toast with Spring Vegetables and Eggs. Perfect light lunch, snack, or party appetizer!
Spring crudités are some of my favorite snacks and party appetizers this time of year.
I love creating a beautiful crudité platter with fresh slices of radishes, cucumbers, beautifully bright green spring peas, carrots, and broccolini. It's not just great for parties - I love setting out crudité platters for our lunch and dinner sometimes, too!
So to cap off Spring Toast Week on the blog, I thought I'd share a recipe that celebrates the freshest spring vegetables - on toast!
Spring Toast Week
If you haven't noticed, I love fancy toast on simple every day wheat bread. Avocado toast is fine and dandy and super trendy. But, I wanted to offer up several different flavor ideas for how you could dress up every day toast beyond the almighty avocado.
My Blackberry Citrus Ricotta Toast is perfect if you want something sweet. Craving something savory? Try my Spring Scramble on Toast. If you're looking for some elegant, refined flavors, try my Honey Lavender Walnut Goat Cheese Toast.
For a fresh, healthy toast, try this Spring Crudite Toast with herb compound butter. Serve this toast with spring vegetables and eggs at your next brunch!
Spring Crudite Toast
Thinly sliced radishes and cucumbers share the stage here with fresh spring peas and slices of hard boiled eggs.
You could also use sliced asparagus spears, broccolini, or any other of your favorite spring vegetables. A good mandolin will help you slice vegetables evenly (I have and love this Prepworks mandolin).
If you'd like to make this vegan, skip the eggs and use a vegan butter (my favorite is Earth Balance butter).
Herb Compound Butter
The "glue" that holds all of those beautiful spring vegetables together is a super simple butter compound, made of softened butter with freshly chopped chives and sea salt.
After spreading the butter onto the slices of toast, simply layer on the fresh vegetables and hardboiled egg, and enjoy!
Spring Crudite Toast Recipe
Spring Crudité Toast
- 4 slices wheat bread
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 radishes, tops cut off and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peas
Make Hard Boiled Eggs
- Either boil eggs on the stovetop or in an Instant Pot. I prefer the Instant Pot: Place eggs on a rack in the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water over them. Set to cook on MANUAL/HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, vent to quick release. When all pressure is released and the pin is down, open the Instant Pot and transfer the eggs carefully into a large bowl filled with ice and give them a nice ice bath for 3-5 minutes before peeling.
Assemble the Spring Crudite Toast
- While the eggs are cooking, slice wheat bread into halves, or into quarters if serving as an appetizer.
- Make compound butter by slightly softening butter and mixing in chives and sea salt. Spread onto bread slices.
- Top each slice with preferred amount of sliced radishes, sliced cucumbers, sliced eggs, and peas.
- Sprinkle with additional chives and serve.
What are your favorite spring veggies?