This Ricotta Crostini recipe with Summer Berries and Honey is a deliciously sweet, crunchy, and creamy easy-to-make appetizer that is perfect for any summer gathering!
When the sun is out, we can all agree that we'd rather be out IN it and enjoying time with friends and family. Rather than slaving away in a hot kitchen all day, right?
Even those of us who LOVE to cook would rather be enjoying that at actual summer BBQs, picnics, and general sunshine fun!
So while I adore throwing parties (be sure to check out my tips for throwing a fab summer soiree!), I try to make them as EASY and SIMPLE to put together as possible.
Summer berry crostini
This vibrant Ricotta Crostini appetizer is everything you want in a party recipe. It's...
- just 5 ingredients
- super easy to put together
- fast to make
- crazy delicious!
This is an appetizer that I recommend putting together right before the party starts.
In fact, you know when guests arrive early or on time, and ask what they can do to help? These Ricotta Crostini appetizers are something that you can even have your guests assemble alongside you in the kitchen. More fun catch-up time with friends while you're putting the final touches on everything else!
Ingredients for ricotta crostini
All you need to make these sweet appetizers are:
- ricotta cheese
- your choice of summer berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- mint leaves
After slicing the baguette, simply smother each slice with ricotta cheese. Then top with a few berries, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle chopped mint leaves.
It is SO simple, and yet INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS. The burst of summer berries in each bite is a perfect complement to the creaminess of the honey and ricotta. Then the fresh mint adds a touch of brightness to this dish. So summery!
These Ricotta Crostini with summer berries are always a hit at parties. I know you and your guests will love them!
Which wines pair well with crostini
In my summer food & wine pairing party tutorial, I suggest pairing this Summer Berry Crostini appetizer with a bright & lively Riesling. It's also AMAZING with bubbly!
This Scavi & Ray Sparkling Wine is available at Martha Stewart Wine right now for only $15. It's a gorgeous, elegant bottle - perfect to add some sophistication AND fun to any party table.
The delicate fruit flavors in this medium-dry sparkling wine make it a delicious pairing with the Summer Berry Crostini! And at that price, why not buy two for your next summer soiree?
Substitutions and cooking tips
- You can sub out ricotta cheese for whipped cream cheese. I actually love both options, but find that whipped cream cheese adds more sweetness, which some really love!
- The mint leaves are optional. I love the fresh herbal addition to this sweet summer appetizer, but it's not necessary.
- There's no need to worry about the baguette being too crunchy. The ricotta cheese and honey actually work to soften the bread over time, making it easy to bite into.
- I love summer berry crostini with raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. But if you have strawberries, definitely feel free to use those.
More summer recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers
- Summer Wine and Food Pairings
- Grilled Salmon with Lemon and Herbs
- Peach Bourbon Grilled Chicken
- Avocado Corn Salad
Ricotta Crostini with Summer Berries and Honey
- 2 French baguettes
- 1 6 or 8 oz tub ricotta cheese
- 1 pint mixed summer berries of your choice try raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, Marionberries, strawberries
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves (optional)
- Slice baguette into 1-½" slices at a diagonal.
- Spread about a tablespoon of ricotta cheese evenly onto each slice.
- Top each slice with 3-5 berries of your choice.
- Drizzle about a tsp of honey over each slice.
- Sprinkle a few chopped mint leaves over each slice. Serve immediately.
- Use whipped cream cheese instead of ricotta cheese.
- You can use whatever summer berries you have on hand - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, marionberries...
- Drizzle more honey if you prefer a sweeter summer berry crostini.
- The mint is optional!
- Serve immediately. The ingredients will soften the bread, and if left too long, the bread could become soggy.