Just in time for the holidays…
Salted Caramel, Chocolate Drizzled Brownies
Actually, these are good year-round, but they make especially wonderful hostess gifts for all of those holiday parties you will be attending, as well as teacher gifts, BFF gifts, gifts to neighbors — you name it!
To make the brownies, I use my favorite brownie recipe, which I posted on this blog earlier this year. Those brownies are fantastic on their own, but adding the Salted Caramel & Chocolate Drizzle Topping gives these brownies a little something extra special!
While the brownies are baking, then it’s time to get started on the caramel topping.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup +2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons evaporated fat-free milk divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Add brown sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons milk, stir with a whisk and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and powdered sugar; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- 4. Spread the caramel evenly over cooled brownies. Let stand 15-20 minutes, just until the caramel has set.
- 5. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons milk and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds (just until melted), stirring after 20 seconds. Stir just until smooth, then drizzle immediately over caramel.
- 6. Sprinkle with sea salt and let stand until the caramel and chocolate drizzle are set. Cut into squares, and enjoy, or package and give to others to enjoy!