Ahhh gotta love when a Food Bliss Friday on the blog pairs nicely with a Wine Bliss recipe AND not just one fun giveaway here on Urban Bliss Life, but a national promotion as well! Two giveaways + a wine pairing recipe, today, folks! There's all sorts of happy food & wine fun happening here!
Today, I am sharing a simple, delicious Pasta with Sausage, Peppers, and Corn recipe, featuring al fresco all natural chicken sausage and Columbia Crest Unoaked Chardonnay.
Pasta with Sausage, Peppers, and Corn
I make a pasta with sausage and peppers dish year-round, but since it's summer, I of course had to add corn (did you see my Avocado Corn Salad recipe?). I also added a touch of Columbia Crest Chardonnay to kick up the sauce a notch. The result is a delicious, hearty meal that can happily serve 2-4 people.
- 8-10 ounces of boiled pasta the shape is your choice; we chose medium shells but penne would work nicely with this
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 package of al fresco All Natural Roasted Pepper & Asiago Chicken Sausage sliced into about ½-inch thick slices
- ¼ cup Columbia Crest Unoaked Chardonnay
- Corn kernels from 3 cooked ears of corn
- Optional: chopped parsley freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic, and saute about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add red and green peppers, and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced chicken sausage, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium and slowly add the Chardonnay, stirring the ingredients as you pour.
- Continue stirring the ingredients so that they soak up the Chardonnay for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the shucked, fresh corn kernals and stir all of the ingredients together and continue sauteeing for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and combine all ingredients well.
I really love how the Chardonnay's lively acidity helps bring out the flavors of the peppers and Asiago in the al fresco chicken sausage. And the corn adds a delicious, summery crunch to the dish with a slight sweetness that brings all of the complex flavors and textures together. It's a fabulous hearty meal to enjoy anytime you have friends over, or you can make the whole recipe and save half of it in the freezer for later.
Now for not one, but TWO awesome chances to win fun food & wine-related prizes!
Enter to Win an All-Expense Paid Trip to Columbia Crest Winery
Columbia Crest is partnering with al fresco all natural, America’s #1 chicken sausage brand, to help you wine and dine better by pairing al fresco’s favorite seasonal dishes with the perfect Columbia Crest wine. You can enter to win an all-expense paid trip to Columbia Crest Winery in Washington State! All you have to do to enter the national promotion is ‘like’ al fresco on Facebook and submit the required form as directed.
But wait, there's more. . .
You can also enter to win a fun prize package, full of useful kitchen and wine items from Columbia Crest Winery and al fresco all natural, right here on my blog!
There will be one Grand Prize Winner chosen by Random.org. The Grand Prize package includes:
· al fresco coupons for (2) free products
· al fresco trivet, spatula
· grilling brush
· Columbia Crest wine opener and bottle stopper
Note: the photo above includes a plastic al fresco vase, which is NOT part of the prize package.
There will also be one Runner-Up chosen by Random.org, who will receive five (5) coupons for al fresco all natural products.
Enter the Urban Bliss Life giveaway below
Disclosure: Thanks to Columbia Crest and al fresco for providing me with wine and coupons in order to develop this Pasta with Sausage, Peppers, and Corn recipe. No other compensation was received. As always, all opinions and photos (except for the national promo giveaway image in this post) are my own. I only share products, services, and events that I personally recommend and/or know you, my lovely readers, would truly enjoy.