These tasty mini fruit tarts are so easy to whip together, and they are incredibly delicious! Perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, and all of your spring and summer entertaining!
When I was in my twenties, I used to make these adorable and delicious mini fruit tarts with a lemon lime curd. I loved them so much that I served them at pretty much every special occasion that I could.
While I still love those tartlets, I’m more pressed for time these days and when it comes to cutting out something from that recipe, it had to be the lemon lime curd.
So today, I’m sharing a modified version of my longtime spring fruit tarlet recipe with this Spring Mini Fruit Tarts recipe. It has the same graham cracker sugary crunchy crust that I love (and know you will love too!), and the same variety of fresh fruit toppings.
The main difference here, is that instead of making 24 bite-size tartlets, this recipe focuses on making four fruit mini tarts in 5-6″ mini tart pans (or mini creme brulee dishes, as I used here).
And, instead of the lemon lime curd, I topped the sweet crunchy crust with a very simple, easy to make fresh lemon lime whipped cream.
Because let’s be honest: we all wish there were more whipped cream on any serving of pie or tart that we’re served, am I right?
So let’s stop beating around the bush and just make the whipped cream the filling! As long as you don’t eat all four mini fruit tarts in one sitting, and then immediately make another batch and eat THAT batch all in one sitting, I think you’ll be fine. And some of you dashing svelt young twenty-somethings probably could get away with eating eight of these and being just fine, lucky ducks, you!
Easy Spring Mini Fruit Tarts
- 9 full graham crackers broken into pieces (one sleeve in a standard package of graham crackers)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream OR coconut cream if you are dairy-free
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Your choice of fresh fruits. I like the combo of blueberries raspberries, and strawberries.
- A few torn fresh mint leaves and/or lime zest for garnish
- Place your stand mixer mixing bowl into the refrigerator so that it cools before using.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add broken pieces of the 9 graham crackers into a large food processer and then add the sugar and melted butter.
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined.
- Press enough of the crust mixture into each mini tart pan so there’s an even bottom layer and crust along the shallow sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. When done, remove and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the chilled mixing bowl and using the metal whisk attachment, whip together the cold heavy cream (or coconut cream) and powdered sugar until the mixture is thickened. Add the lemon juice, lime zest and lime juice, and then whip on medium-high speed until mixture is thickened up to a lovely whipped cream consistency.
- Top each crust with a nice dollop of the lemon lime whipped cream.
- Top each tart with as many pieces of fruit as you wish.
- Garnish with fresh torn mint leaves and/or lime zest, as desired.
Which fruits would you use to top your spring mini fruit tarts with?