Pinwheels are so fun, and so versatile. Whenever I’m in a pinch and need to whip up some cute, easy decorations, I often reach for pinwheels.
Yesterday, I suddenly became bored with our spring/summer front door wreath and decided to create a summer pinwheel wreath. It took me about 15 minutes from start to finish!
I designed my own pinwheels using one of my favorite summer color combos: fuschia and tangerine. Then on the opposite side, I designed a chevron background for a fun contrasting pattern, using the same fuschia and tangerine, but then also adding yellow, blue, and grey for added contrast.
If your front door is in need of a quick summer makeover, you can download my Summer Pinwheel Printable for free! Making these pinwheels is super easy.
Summer Pinwheel Wreath Materials:
– Urban Bliss Summer Pinwheels Free Printable PDF
Summer Pinwheel Wreath Instructions:
1. Download the free Urban Bliss Summer Pinwheel Printable PDF.
2. Print one side onto nice copy paper.
3. Flip over, then print the second side onto the back of the same paper.
4. Using the pink lines on the chevron patterned side as guides, cut along the edges of each square. Then cut the interior marks shown on the chevron side (be sure not to cut all the way to the middle of the squares!) and fold one side in toward the middle, as shown below.
5. Use the gold thumbtacks to attach to the wreath, poking a hole through the middle of each pinwheel to attach to the wreath.
6. Optional: You can cover the foam wreath with washi tape, add ribbons, paper flowers, or other decorations.
Some ideas on using pinwheels:
- Make a front door wreath out of pinwheels.
- Make pinwheel gift tags.
- Attach them to stakes and use as lawn decorations.
- String along to create a mantel banner or outdoor banner.
- Attach to colorful straws and use as party decorations, as shown below.
Click here to download the Summer Pinwheels Printable
Hope you enjoy this free printable! What would YOU use these pinwheels for? Please leave a comment – I’d love to know!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links that help support this blog so I can continue to bring you quality content. Thanks for your support!