Food gifts rock. That’s all there is to it. I don’t care if you buy a box of truffles from the store or make them yourself, food is always a thoughtful, useful gift. One SUPER easy treat we like to make as part of our food extravaganza for friends: white chocolate peppermint bark.
2 lbs white chocolate (you can use bars of fine white chocolate like Lindt, but white chocolate chips will work too)
12 traditional red & white candy canes
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1. Melt white chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
2. Crush candy canes into tiny little pieces. We like to place them in plastic bags and let the kids hammer away at them with a potato masher or meat tenderizer. Great fun!
3. Stir in chopped candy canes plus the peppermint extract into the melted white chocolate.
4. remove from heat and pour the mixture onto a large baking pan lined with parchment paper (make sure the pan fits into your fridge).
5. Chill until firm then break off into pieces. Keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve at your holiday party or until you’re ready to give as gifts. I place them in the decorated food bags and keep them in the fridge until it’s time to deliver the goods.