I love this time to spend with friends and family, and reflect on all of the amazing gifts and opportunities we are given each day.
This year, I am thankful for so many things, including:
- my sweet children, who amaze me each day with how incredibly loving, smart, cuddly, kind, giving, thoughtful, and funny they are
- my partner in crime for the past 20 years, my husband
- sweet friends who have stuck by my side all these years and know me so well
- Beemster Gouda. It is the perfect cheese.
- a house that is never perfectly put together and certainly never, ever very clean, but always cozy and full of love
- a kitchen, my zen happy place
- the best dog child in the whole world, who thinks he is human
- dog child’s weird yet adorable obsession with throw pillows and the color green
- 2011 Hawks View Cellars Syrah and Jordan Winery Cabernet
- the amazing professional women friends in my life whose support I could not do without
- happy hours at happy prices enjoyed with even happier friends
- people who do the kind of good deeds each day that are unseen and unrewarded but make such a big impact
- the ability to hear the best sound in the world day in and day out: my kids’ laughter
- a job that I love and that I can bend and twist to fit nobody’s mold
- great clients who are good people; I am honored to work with them
- faith in the future
- social media and technology, for showing us what is possible and connecting us to one another
- endless possibilities
Finally, I am very thankful for all of you. When I started blogging in 2004, it was a very different world. Then that world changed and it wasn’t a space I felt comfortable in, so I went on haitus and made several half-hearted attempts to return over the years. Now I’m back, but there’s something about this time that makes it different, that makes me know this blogging space is still my home…and that’s all of you. I am very grateful that you take the time to read these words and dialogue with me in the comments. Your comments to my posts and also on Facebook and Twitter really mean a lot, folks. They truly do.
From my family to ours, we wish you a lovely Thanksgiving full of love, laughter, good food, good wine, amazing friends and family, and peace.
Now, GO EAT! Cheers, friends! :)