The Fred Meyer ClickList program offers online shopping service and order pick-up. Makes grocery shopping a breeze!
I can’t believe summer is almost already over. We still have a week left of summer break but soccer practice has already begun, and the the onslaught of back-to-school events are already flooding my inbox. Between prepping for back to school, returning from vacation, and way too much work, it’s been a challenge to cook regularly at home, much less get groceries.
After returning from a few days at Sunriver Resort (travel posts coming soon!), I partnered with Fred Meyer to try their ClickList beta program launched last fall. It was amazing!
Without having to get dressed or fix my hair to look mildly presentable, I was able to order groceries and household items we were running low on (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and so on) all online, and then went to pick them up the next day. It was SO easy!
Here’s how it works.
How Does Fred Meyer ClickList Work?
- Go to http://FredMeyer.com/ClickList
- Order from more than 40,000 items online, from fresh produce to meat and seafood to toiletries to paper products.
- On your order form, you can select whether or not you would approve of substitutions for specific items. For instance, I ordered a specific face cleanser that I regularly use, and cannot use any other brands, so I opted out of the optional substitution for that product; if they ended up not having any in stock, I would have had that product taken off the final bill.
- Once you’ve put all of your items in your cart, select a one-hour time frame that works with your schedule to pick up the items, then place your order online.
- Your order reaches Fred Meyer, where staff will hand select produce, meat and seafood items for each order, keeping quality and freshness top of mind. Your items will then be stored appropriately, including refrigeration or freezing, until it’s time to load them into your car.
- During the confirmed one hour pick up window, you drive to the store and follow the signs to the store’s convenient pick up location. You click the box to let them know you are there, and then pull into a designated spot to await your order. You never have to get out of the car!
- Once the attendant comes out (usually within just a few minutes), you then pay for the order using credit card or debit card.
- The attendant loads your items into your car, and you are back on the road to finish up the rest of your busy day!
How Much Does Fred Meyer PickUp Cost?
The ClickList fee is $4.95 per order, but that fee is waived for your first three orders. So you really get three trial runs to test out the system free of the fee to find out if it will work for you.
Who Should Use Online Grocery Shopping Services?
As you can see, we needed to stock up on A LOT after returning from vacation. I actually think that’s one of the perfect times to use a service like Fred Meyer’s ClickList: if you travel a lot, you can even place your order while you’re waiting for your flight or the night before you return, and then stop by to pick up your order on your way home! It makes coming back from travels and easing back into home life a little easier.
ClickList is also great if you are a parent with babies or toddlers. With ClickList, you don’t have to spend an anxiety-filled hour in the store wrangling said kiddo, trying to quell tantrums, dealing with blowouts, or interrupting nap schedules. I love that you never have to get out of your car!
But really, it’s great for all busy parents (and non-parents!) who don’t have an hour to spend an hour in the grocery store. We were very happy with our experience using ClickList for the first time. All of our produce was very fresh – they did a great job selecting beautiful fruits and vegetables! The ClickList attended was super friendly and let me know that they didn’t have the larger bottles of cleanser nor the larger sizes of raspberries, so they doubled up on the smaller sizes instead. The pick-up and load-in time was minimal and efficient.
Online Grocery Shopping Made Easy
Would I use ClickList again? You betcha! If you’re interested, be sure first that it’s offered in your area at a store near you. Visit FredMeyer.com/ClickList to find out!
Have you tried ClickList or would you?
Many thanks to Fred Meyer for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions and photos are my own. I am so grateful to work with brands I know and trust, and I only write about products, services, events, and experiences I personally enjoy and believe you will enjoy as well!