This post is sponsored by Side Delights® through Kitchen PLAY. As always, all opinions and photos are my own.
Fiesta Potato Smashers are quick, easy, and satisfying, with flavors the whole family will love. This is sure to be your new favorite recipe!
One of the foods that my husband, two teenagers, and I can ALL agree that we love is potatoes.
Thank goodness for the amazing potato! We can whip up easy and tasty breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks with these beautiful, incredible spuds. When I’m in a pinch and need to make a quick family meal, it’s often potatoes to the rescue!
Fiesta Potato Smashers
Recently, I was searching the Side Delights website for a family-friendly recipe, and came across one that can be used either as a main dish or a side dish. With a combo of potatoes, bell peppers, and a dairy-free option, it was the mouthwatering Fiesta Potato Smashers recipe for the win!
This recipe checks off so many boxes for me when looking for a recipe to feed my family on a busy night:
- it doesn’t have many ingredients (less than five!)
- the ingredients are items I usually already have on hand
- the recipe requires little prep time and short cooking time
- it is a recipe that my whole family will love.
Enter to Win
If you love potatoes like I do (or if anyone in your household does), you’re gonna love this giveaway! Enter to win a sample box of Side Delights fresh potatoes AND an Instant Pot. That’s right: an Instant Pot! If you already have one, you know that you could use two (I know several people who use two regularly!). You can nter to win using the form below, now through August 20, 2018. Please be sure to read the full details in the form.
Best of luck to all who enter this contest!
Fiesta Potato Smashers Recipe
Fiesta Potato Smashers
- 5 small Yellow potatoes
- 5 small Red potatoes
- 1 pint sweet mini peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- 8 sprigs cilantro, picked from stems and chopped
- cooking spray or olive oil
- salt, pepper, chili powder
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, cut mini peppers into small 1/4-inch slices. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add peppers and sauté until they become slightly soft and start to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and, using a layer of paper towels covering each potato, smash them on a cutting board until 1 3/4-inch thick. Helpful tip: Use the side of a coffee cup or flat cooking utensil to smash the potatoes.
- Spray sauté pan with cooking spray or add 2 tbsp olive oil to a pan, heat on high, and add smashed potatoes in a single layer. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until potatoes start to brown on both sides.
- On a plate, place potatoes and layer with sour cream or yogurt (optional), peppers and cilantro. Dust with salt, chili powder and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM WITH #URBANBLISSLIFE AND TAG @URBANBLISSLIFE. I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAKE! AND IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND LEAVE A STAR RATING. THANK YOU, SWEET FRIENDS!