This post is sponsored by Hebrew National. All opinions are my own.
I can’t believe how fast summer is flying by. How is it already August tomorrow?
If your summer has been a whirlwind of activity, it’s nice to find some time to slow down and enjoy an outdoor meal with the family, neighbors, and friends once in a while, isn’t it? But if you’re like me and you love entertaining but don’t necessarily have all time to slave in the kitchen prepping meals, you’ll love these two easy side dishes that I’m going to share with you today.
In addition to summer being jam-packed busy, it’s also been super hot. These side dishes are quick to put together, require no more than four ingredients each, and don’t require any cooking. And, if you’re like most Pacific Northwesterners, you may even be growing some of these ingredients in your own garden, making these even easier to put together! I love homegrown cucumbers and mint fresh from the garden.
The only thing you have to grill up are those delicious hot dogs as your main summer staple, which also come together super quickly.
As I’ve written about before, I love Hebrew National All-Beef Franks. They contain only premium cuts of 100% kosher beef with no artificial flavors, colors, fillers, or by-products. And, I can attest, they taste absolutely delicious when served up with these two side dishes!
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
As I wrote about recently, my family is on a total watermelon kick. This classic salad brings together the sweetness of watermelon, punches it up with some mint, adds some salty creaminess with little cubes of feta (or big cubes of feta – that’s up to you!). It’s such a refreshing summer side dish that complements almost any meal.
- 1 mini watermelon cubed
- 4 tablespoons mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup cubed or crumbled feta cheese
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large serving bowl, place the watermelon cubes, then sprinkle feta cheese and mint leaves on top.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar lightly over the salad.
- Mix slightly and serve immediately
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- You can serve this immediately, or refrigerate for up to two hours before serving.
What are some of your favorite easy summer side salads or side dishes?
This post is sponsored by Hebrew National. The combination of franks and toppings shown here may not be Kosher. All opinions and photos are, as always, my own.