This Easy Coconut Shrimp with Rice recipe was created by me and sponsored by Minute@ Ready to Serve Rice sponsored. All opinions and photos are, as always, my own.
After a couple of weeks in holiday bliss, it’s back to reality. With the kids back at school, I am back to working full speed ahead. Since I work from home, I am constantly trying out new homemade lunch recipes. They have to be fast, easy, and healthy. So I was super excited to learn about and create a quick lunch recipe using Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
Minute@ Ready to Serve Rice
Minute@ Ready to Serve Rice comes in several varieties, including Jasmine Rice, Brown Rice, Brown and Wild Rice, Multigrain Medley, Fried Rice Mix, Chicken Rice Mix, Yellow Rice Mix, and more. Click here for the latest varieties available. They are sold in 2-packs, and each cup of rice is microwaveable and ready to serve in just 60 seconds!
Perfect for a quick lunch!
Easy Coconut Shrimp and Rice
This Easy Coconut Shrimp and Rice recipe uses the Minute® Ready to Serve Jasmine Rice, and comes together in just about 10-15 minutes, which makes it great not only for a fast and delicious lunch, but a quick, tasty, and nutritious dinner as well!
If you are making this for dinner, simply make both Minute® Ready to Serve Rice bowls in the pack, and double the other ingredients in the recipe.
I used ingredients that we often have on hand already, and if you don’t happen to have some ingredients, it’s easy to substitute with alternate ingredients.
Ingredient substitution ideas
* If you don’t have baby corn on hand or broccoli, simply use any fresh or frozen veggies you have on hand. This recipe would be great with carrots, peas, snap peas, or red or green peppers.
* If you don’t have fresh ginger on hand, it’s definitely okay to use ground ginger. Note the difference in measurements for freshly minced versus ground ginger in the recipe notes below.
* If you don’t have shrimp, you can substitute any other meat, such as chicken or pork. Or, make it 100% vegetarian!
* You can substitute dried basil flakes for the freshly chopped basil.
If you are working at an office or you’re on the road traveling, you can pack a Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, then when you need a quick, healthy snack, heat it up for lunch and add in anything from peanuts, pre-chopped broccoli, baby carrots, and more. So simple, and way healthier than roadside fast food or vending machine snacks! Visit the Minute@ Ready to Serve Rice website for more stir-in ideas.
If you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner at home, please do try this Easy Coconut Shrimp and Rice recipe. I love it and hope you will too!
- About 10 cooked frozen shrimp thawed
- 1/4 cup baby corn chopped into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Minute® Ready to Serve Jasmine Rice
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add baby corn, broccoli, and shrimp to the pan. Stir until all ingredients are coated with the oil and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Stir together and saute for one minute.
- Turn down heat to low-medium, then slowly add coconut milk. Stir ingredients. Add lime juice. Stir again.
- Remove from heat and spoon over prepared Minute® Ready to Serve Jasmine Rice.
- Top with freshly chopped basil.
What creative stir-in ideas can you think of to add to a Minute® Ready to Serve Rice cup?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. All opinions and photos are, as always, my own.