Do you do Taco Tuesday in your house? I’m ALL about everything being easier these days, but I can’t have the same ol’ tacos every Tuesday, friends. I just can’t. That’s where these easy Chicken Fajita Bowls come in.
I’ve teamed up with sponsor, Foster Farms Sauté Ready, to create this super easy, healthy, incredibly delicious chicken dinner recipe for the whole family to enjoy — ready in less than 30 minutes!
Easy Chicken Fajita Bowls
This Easy Chicken Fajita Bowl is packed with nutritious veggies, protein, and grains.
Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken can be found in your grocery store freezer section in 28-ounce bags, which equals about 7 servings per bag, making it perfect to keep on hand for quick, mid-week meals that are also healthy. The chicken is 98% fat free, and 100% natural, with no added hormones or steroids.
Foster Farms Sauté Ready is available in three flavors: Fajita, Garlic and Herb, and Asian Style. I found the Fajita Marinated flavor was perfect for this easy chicken dinner recipe.
How to make a chicken fajita bowl
This dish starts with the ease of sautéing Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken right out of the package (no need to thaw) in a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced peppers, onions, and garlic.
During this early stage of the chicken fajita bowl recipe, I also start on the rice and cook that in a pot on the stove at the same time.
After about 7-8 minutes, remove the chicken from the pan. The chicken comes pre-cut into strips, but you can cut it up even more for smaller, bite-sized pieces.
Then return to the pan and add the cooked rice, beans, and corn. Sauté for another couple of minutes.
Toward the end, I add half of the chopped cilantro (I LOVE cilantro!!! If you have the gene that makes it taste like soap in your mouth, feel free to use parsley instead). Then squeeze the juice of half a lime over the whole pan and stir everything up again.
This is where you need to taste a little nibble and see how much salt and pepper you want to add. The chicken is pre-marinated, and has great flavor, but depending on your personal tastes, you might want to add more or less salt and pepper to the dish at this stage, then mix all ingredients well again.
This dish is SO colorful! I love it! And, it’s mighty mighty tasty, too.
At this point, you can serve it as is. Or, you can do what I like to do, and that is to add a dollop of sour cream and handful of shredded mixed cheeses (I go for dairy-free options for both; you may opt for full dairy if you can have it!). I also like to add more of the chopped cilantro and more lime juice to mine.
When I had leftovers the next day, I added some salsa too. YUM!
A versatile chicken dinner recipe
I love this dish not only because it’s delicious, but because it’s healthy, it’s packed with great textures and colors, and you can enjoy it in a variety of forms:
- as a chicken fajita bowl (as shown here)
- as a filling to make burritos, as my husband did
- as a topping for chicken fajita salad: simply serve on a bed of lettuce and top with some salsa!
Easy Chicken Fajita Bowl Dinner Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- About 1/3 of a bag of Foster Farms Sauté Ready Fajita Marinated chicken
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 14 ounce can black beans
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime juice
- Toppings: dollop of sour cream and handful of shredded cheddar and colby jack cheese per serving
- Prepare brown rice and set aside, or cook at the same time while the chicken is sautéing.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add Foster Farms Sauté Ready Fajita Marinated chicken directly onto pan; no need to thaw the chicken out before cooking!
- Sauté for about 7-8 minutes, turning each piece over halfway to ensure even cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan and place onto a cutting board, then cut into small bite-sized pieces. Return to pan.
- Add red and green peppers and sauté with the chicken pieces for about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and mix well with the peppers and chicken, sauté for one more minute.
- Add cooked rice, black beans, and corn to the pan. Mix all ingredients well and sauté for 2-3 minutes, just until the corn and black beans are heated.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Then add one tablespoon of the chopped cilantro and a quick squeeze of half a lime over the pan. Mix ingredients.
- Remove from heat and serve either as is, or you can top off each serving as I like this dish: with a dollop of dairy-free sour cream and dairy-free shredded cheese (you can, of course, go full dairy if you want!). Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of chopped parsley evenly over each serving.
What about YOU, my fine food-loving friends? Do you have regular themed menu nights, such as Taco Tuesdays or Leftover Fridays? Maybe Meatloaf Mondays or Meatless Mondays?
COUPON: Save up to $2 off Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken! Simply click here, download and print the coupon to get $1 off any 1 ONE (1) package of Foster Farms Sauté Ready, or share the coupon with a friend (via Facebook, Twitter or email) for get $2 off any ONE (1) package of Foster Farms Sauté Ready.
I really enjoyed partnering with Foster Farms Sauté Ready to create this sponsored post. As always, all opinions, photos, and recipes are my own. I hope you enjoy this fast chicken dinner recipe as much as we do!