These chocolate chocolate chip pancakes are decadent yet light and fluffy. The perfect way to celebrate special mornings – or any morning!
Oh, chocolate. I love you so. I also love my husband so. If I had to choose between the two… well, thank goodness I never will because the day is coming where I get to celebrate both loves!
I know, it’s so cliche: chocolate on Valentine’s Day. There’s a reason for it, of course. Chocolate and love go hand in hand. Chocolate is sweet and rich, and a bit of an indulgence. It’s a special treat, and always makes special occasions even more fun to celebrate.
My husband and I go out on quite a few date nights, so for this Valentine’s Day, we’re opting to stay in with the kids. If you have time for breakfast in bed this Valentine’s Day, or even if you would like to surprise your loved one with a special treat the weekend after Valentine’s Day, these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes will surely send the right loving message.
They are decadent (double chocolate!) yet light and fluffy. Just as pancakes should be.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well mixed.
- Add milk, butter, and egg, and mix well until mixture is well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until warm. Drop a pat of butter into pan and coat the pan.
- Pour pancake batter slowly onto griddle, allowing batter to form small-to-medium-size circles (whatever size you prefer).
- Wait until batter becomes bubbly before flipping over to the other side. Try to flip pancakes just once.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Coat skillet with more butter in between batches as needed.
What are your favorite types of special pancakes?