This Creamy Avocado Dressing is rich, tangy, and delicious as a dressing, dip, or sandwich spread!
We’re in the heart of avocado season, and I love it! The super fruit doesn’t grow as well or as in abundance here in mild, wet Oregon, so I am ALL IN for enjoying the bounty from our neighbors to the south of us and celebrating California Avocado Month throughout the month of June.
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing & Dip
I make a creamy avocado pesto that I love to use on pastas. For summer, I really wanted to create a salad dressing with avocado.
I love the tartness of lime with the creaminess of avocado. Hass avocados are SO good right now! Avocados are like sponges and soak up the flavors added to them.
They are also incredibly versatile, and especially with the weather heating up, there are a wide variety of summer dishes that just beg for avocado to be added to them.
Making this creamy avocado lime dressing couldn’t be easier. Simply prep the ingredients and blend them together in a blender or food processor until the mixture reaches a thick, creamy texture.
This dressing only has five ingredients, and you can make it in about 15 minutes. It is also vegan, dairy-free, keto and paleo-friendly.
Use it as a Dressing, Dip, Sauce, and Spread!
Recently, I used this creamy avocado lime dressing for an Instant Pot Shredded Chicken salad. I loaded it up with bacon, mangoes, more avocado (of course!), and tomatoes. It was such a delicious pairing! I’ll be sharing the recipe for the Instant Pot Shredded Chicken next week.
In addition to a salad dressing, you can use this creamy avocado lime dressing in many other ways:
- spread it on bread to add some zing to your sandwiches
- serve it as a dip for veggies
- use it as a sauce
- top a beautiful breakfast of huevos rancheros with a dollop of dressing
- serve it with nachos
- add it to tacos, quesadillas, or burritos
- brush it over grilled salmon or steak
- simply spread it on toast for your oh-so-classic avocado toast!
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing & Dip Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more as needed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 medium garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp sliced shallots
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender and pulse in 10-second intervals until creamy and well blended. This creates a thick, creamy consistency. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add more olive oil, a tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM WITH #URBANBLISSLIFE AND TAG @URBANBLISSLIFE. I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAKE! AND IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND LEAVE A STAR RATING. THANK YOU, SWEET FRIENDS!
MORE AVOCADO BLISS
Do you love avocados? How would you serve this recipe?
Here are a few more yummy avocado dishes to help you celebrate California Avocado Month!
- Shrimp Avocado Brown Rice Bowl
- Silky Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Cauliflower Fritters with Avocado Aioli
- Creamy Avocado Pesto
- Avocado Corn Salad
This post is sponsored by California Avocado Commission. All opinions, recipes, and photos are, as always, my own.