This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Gold ‘n Soft. All opinions, recipes, and photos are mine alone. #CapturingTraditions #CollectiveBias
This Brown Butter Almond Granola recipe is sweet and crunchy, packed with protein and Omega-3s, and a delicious make-ahead breakfast and snack for the whole family!
Homemade granola is such a delicious way to help you and your family start the day off right.
I love it for breakfast, brunch, and to snack on throughout the day! It’s also a great after-school snack and pre- and post-sports snack for the kiddos.
Did you also know that granola is SUPER easy to make at home? I love making a batch of granola – it stays fresh for up to a week, so we can either sit down for a quick breakfast at the table to kick off the day. Or, it’s easy to grab and go as needed!
And when you make it at home, you get to know exactly what’s in it, and include your own variations.
Brown Butter Almond Granola
This is a super simple granola recipe that’s easy for you to customize to ensure your whole family will love it. It’s easy to make with young kids helping measure and mix ingredients. Plus: it doesn’t take long at all to make!
This recipe starts with basic rolled oats. I mix in flaxseed and chia seeds for a boost of Omega 3’s and other heart-healthy nutrients, plus some ground cinnamon and dried fruit. You can use any dried fruit you like here; I used freeze dried raspberries.
To make the granola nice and crunchy, and also create granola clusters versus just grainy granola, I made a brown butter mix with Gold ‘n Soft butter spread, brown sugar, and vanilla.
As you can see from the photo below, the Gold ‘n Soft spread is fluffy and easy to use right out of the refrigerated tub, which makes it great for fast recipes!
I found the Gold ‘n Soft butter spread in my local Safeway store in the end butter dairy section.
It has the yummy taste of butter with no cholesterol, no hydrogenated oils, zero trans fats per serving. It’s easily a great value: ours was only $1.89 for a 15 ounce tub!
After mixing the wet and dry ingredients together, simply bake the granola on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet for 40-50 minutes.
Your house will smell SO AMAZING while the granola is baking!
When you’re ready to serve, I like to add a few sprinkles of freeze dried fruit and sliced almonds on top for added freshness and flavor.
Granola Food Gift
This Brown Butter Almond Granola also makes a great food gift for friends! Simply break into chunks and place into large mason jars. Tie a pretty ribbon around the jar and tag a sweet note, and you’ll be your friend’s hero for the week.
Savings for you!
If you’d like to try the Gold ‘n Soft butter spread that I used in this recipe, visit your local Albertson’s Safeway, Winco, or Fred Meyer in the Pacific Northwest. It’s also available in several stores in Southern California. As you can see from the photo above, it’s fluffy and easy to add into recipes or spread onto toast, muffins, scones, etc. as soon as you open the tub — no need to wait for it to soften!
Click the link below to locate a store near you so you can try it for yourself:
AND… here’s an awesome coupon that will save $0.50 when you purchase Gold ‘n Soft!
Brown Butter Almond Granola Recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey I use an orange blossom honey for extra flavoring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slices almonds
- 1/2 cup dried raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Top a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almonds, dried raspberries, chia seeds, and ground flax seed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Stir continuously and allow the butter to come to a foamy boil. Continue stirring for about 5-6 minutes, until the butter deepens in color to a darker gold.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour over the brown sugar, honey, vanilla mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly pour combined brown butter mixture over the dry oats mixture. Toss ingredients together until everything is well blended.
- Spread granola mix over the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the granola has turned into a beautiful golden brown color.
- Allow granola to cool on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes, then break into clusters and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite make-ahead breakfasts that help make your mornings run smoothly and keep you going throughout the day?