This yummy, rich, creamy, crunchy BLT Pasta Salad recipe is the ultimate comfort food that combines two faves!
I know technically fall doesn’t start for two more weeks, but I am already in comfort food mode.
Hot soups, big bowls of pasta, chilis, chowders… gimme allll the comfort foods!
A couple of weeks ago, I made this BLT Pasta Salad for a friend’s BBQ, and it was such a hit that I want to keep making it again and again. I’m
mildly obsessed with this pasta dish! It’s delicious and super satisfying – perfect for BBQs, family dinners, and potlucks.
AND – it can be made in just 30 minutes. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this easy BLT pasta salad?!
What is in BLT Pasta Salad
To make this pasta salad, you need:
- cherry tomatoes
- pasta (I use shells, but you can use macaroni)
- sour cream
- apple cider vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
This BLT salad recipe starts with the main reason we all love BLTs: the bacon!
Start by cooking bacon up to a nice crisp in a large skillet. It’s the perfect base for the flavoring of this pasta salad.
Right now, tomatoes are still in season in the Pacific Northwest, so this recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy the end of summer bounty.
Traditional BLTs use regular lettuce, but I decided to use spinach.
Spinach cooks up nicely and always goes deliciously with pasta.
Plus: spinach is so good for you, and I love the richer green color it adds to the dish.
I made a rich, creamy ranch-like sauce to go with this easy BLT pasta salad. This is an awesome sauce that nicely coats the pasta and helps bind the ingredients all together. A little hit of paprika adds a nice soft spice to it, while the Dijon mustard gives it a little tang.
Once the pasta is finished cooking, simply add it to the veggies in the skillet. Then, pour in the sauce, mix well, and top with the crispy bacon.
Dairy Free BLT Pasta Salad Option
Since I’m mostly dairy-free, I used a vegan, dairy-free mayonnaise and non-dairy sour cream to make the sauce you see here. However, if you aren’t dairy-free, go ahead and use any mayo or sour cream that you like.
I dare you to try not to eat this BLT Pasta Salad right from the pan! It’s SO good!
This is a new fave in my house, and I hope it will become a fave in yours too!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound 1 16-oz box of medium pasta shells
- 5 slices bacon cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cups spinach trimmed of the stems
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until just crispy. Remove from the pan and let cool onto a plate topped with layers of paper towels. Set aside.
- In the same pan, toss in the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes are slightly soft but not mushy.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir with the tomatoes, sauteeing for just 1-2 minutes, until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add the drained, cooked pasta to the skillet and stir gently to mix in the tomatoes and spinach.
- Slowly pour the sauce over the ingredients and mix gently until well combined.
- Serve immediately and top each serving with a healthy sprinkling of the crispy bacon.
More Easy Recipes
15 Instant Pot Family-Friendly Recipes for Busy Weeknights
My Family’s Fave Chocolate Chip Banana Bread