This Berry Meringue Recipe is SO fast and easy to assemble, looks GORGEOUS when presented at a party, and tastes absolutely fresh, sweet, and sinfully delicious.
Dessert is BLISS.
Do you agree? I just love dessert, and I'm not one of those people who can go a day without it. If you are, then bless your heart (and probably skinnier thighs and taut stomach), but I, for one, need some sort of sweet treat to enjoy at least once during each day.
Sometimes the best desserts are the ones that are simple and often thrown together at the last minute, egged on by a sweet tooth and grumbly tummy. No measuring, no overthinking, no baking, no tempering, no waiting for a layer to cool or freeze.
That's what this Berry Meringue Parfait recipe is: I threw it together on a whim one night when I was hosting our monthly Bunco group. It took me less than 10 minutes to make six of them, my friends. And most importantly: it was --and is-- insanely, addictively, somewhat healthily DELICIOUS.
This dessert was so good that my son keeps asking me to make it at home. We've made it a few times now, each time with different amounts of whipped cream and meringue, and each time with different flavors of Berrst pourable fruit and different types of fresh fruit. That's one of the best parts of this recipe: you can use however much whipped cream and meringue cookies you want, and whatever jam or fresh fruit you prefer.
Berry Meringue Parfait recipe
This recipe makes enough parfait to fill six parfait glasses.
-vanilla and/or chocolate meringue cookies (pre-packaged or made from scratch), crushed into teeny tiny pieces
-your favorite jam, jelly, or pourable fruit. I used raspberry Berrst pourable fruit.
-fresh whipped cream
-fresh berries of your choice
You start with a layer of crushed meringue cookies. I get mine from Whole Foods Market, and you can use either vanilla meringue cookies, chocolate meringue cookies, or a combo of both. If you've got the time and you're feeling adventurous, you can also make your own meringue cookies. They're actually very easy to make, and I'll share a recipe here with you soon.
Then you add a few squirts or teaspoons of your choice of berry jam, jelly, or, as I did, Berrst Pourable Fruit.
Then you add a layer of fresh whipped cream. You can use the aerosol can of whipped cream or even Cool Whip topping if you like, but I prefer fresh whipped cream.
Then you add a layer of fresh berries. I used raspberries and blueberries, but you can use blackberries and strawberries as well.
Top with another thin layer of crushed meringue cookies and add more jam, jelly, or pourable fruit.
Top the second layer of meringue cookies with more fresh whipped cream.
Because you can never have enough whipped cream.
Finish the parfait off with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of crushed meringue.
This Berry Meringue Recipe is slightly healthier than your typical parfait since we're using meringue cookies, which are air-whipped low calorie treats that add a fun crunch to the dish.
I hope you love this dessert recipe as much as my kids and I do! Bon appetit, fellow dessert lovers!
Berry Meringue Parfait Recipe
- Vanilla or Chocolate Meringue Cookies crushed into small pieces
- One small bowl full of fresh whipped cream or you can use the pre-made whipped cream in a can
- Some fresh or prepackaged jam jelly, or pourable fruit such as Berrst Pourable Fruit
- One bowl of fresh fruit of your choice. I suggest blueberries raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries
- Prepare six parfait cups or six bowls.
- In each parfait cup or bowl, add a layer of crushed meringue cookies. Be sure to have the cookies cover the entire bottom of the container.
- Cover the meringue layer fully with your choice of jam, jelly, or Berrst Pourable Fruit.
- Add a layer of fresh or canned whipped cream.
- Top the whipped cream with a layer of your choice of berries.
- Top berries with another thin layer of crushed meringue cookies.
- Add more jam, jelly, or pourable fruit over the layer of meringue cookies.
- Top the cookies with a layer of whipped cream, covering the surface completely.
- Sprinkle some crushed meringue cookies and top with fresh fruit.