This Avocado Pesto is easy to make and a delicious topping for toast, in sandwiches, in your favorite pasta, and so much more!
You guys! I am SO excited. I’ve been working with the amazing folks at Franz Bakery for the past few months developing recipes for their new website, and their website is now live!
Go check it out at FranzBakery.com.
One of my favorite recipes that I’ve developed for them is Pesto Caprese Tartines. I made these three times during the development phase and shared one set with my Bunco buddies. They were a hit!
I would eat these every day if I could! They’re great to enjoy for everyday lunch or dinner, to cut into smaller bites and serve at parties, or to start the day right with a vibrant, filling, healthy, absolutely delicious breakfast. The recipe is on the Franz Bakery website, but I will also be sharing the recipe plus additional photos tomorrow right here on the blog!
The first part of the Pesto Caprese Tartines recipe is a tasty and versatile creamy Avocado Pesto.
Words cannot express how much I love this pesto. This Creamy Avocado Pesto has a nice smooth, rich texture. It’s perfect for these Pesto Caprese Tartines, but also can be used in so many other ways.
Ways to Use Creamy Avocado Pesto
- Spread onto lightly toasted bread
- Use as a condiment in sandwiches
- Use as a sauce with your favorite pasta
- Use as a salad dressing with your favorite salad
- Spread onto crackers and top with crumbled bacon, chopped almonds, chopped hard boiled eggs, or chopped tomatoes for a tasty party appetizer dish.
- Use as a dip for veggies.
How would YOU use this Creamy Avocado Pesto?
Creamy Avocado Pesto
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 medium-sized cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse in 10-second increments until well blended. Makes about 1 cup of avocado pesto. Enjoy immediately.
You can get the full recipe for Pesto Caprese Tartines with this Creamy Avocado Pesto on the new Franz Bakery website, but I’ll also be sharing the full Pesto Caprese Tartines recipe here tomorrow, along with more process photos!