Shrimp is my favorite food. No wait: bacon is. No wait: pasta is. Oh look! Here’s a dish that can incorporate all three! Except, usually when I make it for lunch, I skip the bacon (yes, I know. I know. But it takes too long in the middle of a lunch day). This is my go-to quick lunch meal that I can make even in the middle of an insane work day to help keep me going.
4-6 oz of any pasta (above I made it with orzo which doesn’t take as long as with linguini, as seen below)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
6 – 8 tail-on medium-sized shrimp (put more or less depending on how much you love shrimp)
1/2 cup peas
1 tsp lemon juice (or 1/4 tsp freshly grated lemon zest)
1 tsp chopped basil (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
STEPS TO YUMMY GOODNESS
1. Cook the pasta.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute garlic 1-2 minutes until oh so slightly almost-golden and the luscious scent of garlic starts swirling about your kitchen. Mmm.
3. Add shrimp to the pan and saute for just 2-4 minutes, until each piece gets some nice color. Like a tan, but not. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp because then it gets rubbery.
4. Add the peas to the pan and gently saute for another minute until the peas turn a lovely spring green.
5. Drizzle the lemon juice over the pan (or mix in the lemon zest). Add the basil. Mix all ingredients well.
6.. Drain cooked pasta and add to the pan, gently mixing all of the ingredients until the pasta is coated with the oil.
7. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste.
Here is the same dish made with linguini:
-crumbled piping hot sweet sweet bacon, or
-1 tsp ground ginger, or
-1/2 cup chopped zucchini, or
-1/2 cup chopped broccoli…
really, there are so many possibilities to make this dish your own! Enjoy!