If you read this blog at all, you know: I’m an Oregon girl, through and through. That means having a fierce loyalty to certain local places, brands, and people.
Tillamook is one of those loyalties I am happy to pass along to my kids. They like Tillamook cheese, and they can’t get enough of the Tillamook Light Yogurt.
These yogurts have no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial growth hormones. A single 6-ounce serving is 110 calories. And they do have some nice flavors!
Bliss Boy’s favorite flavor: Light Marionberry.
Bliss Girl’s favorite flavor: Light Oregon Strawberry.
With summer approaching, we are always looking for fast, easy, fresh ways to incorporate good-for-you foods into yummy-to-eat treats. Last year, we enjoyed experimenting with using yogurt in cookie recipes, and we regularly use yogurt in our smoothies.
This time, we thought it would be fun to use the Tillamook Light Yogurt with some of our lollipop molds.
Ingredients: Tillamook Light Yogurt, a lollipop mold, lollipop sticks
The steps are super simple:
1. Using a spoon, place some of the yogurt into the lollipop mold openings.
2. Gently push lollipop sticks into the lollipop stick opening at the sides of the mold, making sure that the yogurt covers the top of the stick.
3. Place the mold into a freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Depending on your freezer temperature, it may take a little longer.
4. Once frozen, take the tray out of the freezer. Then gently push the yogurt forms out of the lollipop mold onto a plate.
5. Eat immediately and enjoy!
Aren’t these so cute? My kids love them!
It’s so simple, so easy for the kids to get involved in making these. It should be stated that there’s no official name for these — my kids just call them Tillamook YO POPS.
Try these this summer! Trust me: your kids will gobble these yogurt frozen pops right up!
Thanks to Tillamook Cheese for sending my family some Tillamook Light Yogurt to try! No other compensation was given and as always, all opinions are my own.